These rules and regulations regard fishing in Keski-Kymi Fishing Area which is set to recreational fishing use by water right owners.
- 1 Lure fishing in Keski-Kymi Fishing Area is possible by terms defined in these rules. Any other kind of lure fishing is prohibited. Does not apply to bait fishing and ice fishing in areas, where it is not prohibited according to fishing law 8§. Bait fishing and ice fishing in stream and rapid areas is prohibited by law, because the Fishing Area contains salmonid species as defined in the fishing law 8§.
- 2 A valid fishing license is required of all fishers. It is not allowed to give it to another fisher and it must be shown to a supervisor when asked. All fishers (ages 18-64) must have a receipt of purchased nationwide fishing license as well.
- 3 It is only allowed to use lures which have noticeable movement. Hooking fish externally on purpose is strictly prohibited. When fish is hooked elsewhere but mouth it must be immediately released.
- 4 Biggest allowed hook size using spin-fluga method is number 6 and size number 2 in other hook types (from single to treble hooks).
- 5 It is allowed to use two rods at a time per person in Trolling and Harling Areas but not more than 4 rods per boat.
- 6 Casting from ashore is only allowed in areas marked in the map on green color and in terrain on poles.
- 7 Using a rowboat while fishing is only allowed in areas marked in the map in yellow color (Harling Area) and in terrain on poles. It is not allowed to use a motor while fishing in Harling Area. Use a motor only for transportation.
- 8 Using a motorboat while fishing is only allowed in areas marked in the map in blue color (Trolling Area) and in terrain on poles. Harling method is allowed in Trolling areas.
- 9 A physically handicapped person is privileged to reserve the same spot for the whole time while fishing. Other fishers are obligated to move if fishing is not possible for the physically handicapped person elsewhere in the area.
- 10 All fishers are obligated to report their catch including released fish in the fishing log on the website www.keski-kymenerityiskalastusalue.fi/en/catch-report.
- 11 Catch limit per license is 2 salmonid fish (sea trout, grayling, rainbow trout) per 24 hours. The catch limit for pikeperch is 4 fishes per 24 hours.
- 12 The fishing license expires when the licensed fishing time has come to an end.
- 13 All caught salmon, trout and whitefish will release unharmed back into the water 1.9. - 30.11. during the period between aikana. 1.12.-30.4. all kutuasuiset salmon and trout must be released immediately and unharmed back into the water.
- 14 All fishing shall be prohibited during the period from 1.10. to 30.11. and concerned the flux in places throughout the Central Kymi special fishing area.
- 15 Fishing rules and licenses are supervised by local authorized supervisors and officials appointed by the Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment and the police.
- 16 Minimum landing sizes for the fishes: salmon 60 cm, sea trout 50 cm, grayling 40 cm and pikeperch 45 cm. Fish that have their adipose fins should be released regardless of their size.
- 17 No littering. Every fisher is obligated to keep the environment clean from hooks, lines and other trash. Make a fire only in designated camp-fire places of which there are 3.
- 18 Parking is allowed only in designated parking places.
- 19 When using your own boat, use only designated boat landing places marked in the map. Storing a boat in the area is prohibited without permission from a landowner.
- 20 All fishers are fishing in the area on their own responsibility and are obligated to compensate for any possible damages they cause. No trespassing.
- 21 There are specific rules regarding Casting, Harling and Trolling Areas.
- 22 Fishing is prohibited closer than 50 meters to a residential or equivalent building, a sauna or a pier.
- 23 Fishing is prohibited in areas marked in the map in red color and in terrain on poles. When fishing in Ankkapurha Harling Area in Anjala, the prohibited area is from a small stony spit on the west side of the factory wall to straight downstream and from the factory wall along the power transmission line going across the river. Fishing is prohibited in the small branch as shown in the map. Please notice that in the Casting Area on the west bank harling and trolling are strictly prohibited.
- 24 Those under 18 and over 64 years of age have a right to 50 % discount on Keski-Kymi Fishing Area fishing licenses. Children under 10 years of age have a right to fish for free with a licensed adult.
- 25 Any disregard of these rules and regulations regarding Keski-Kymi Fishing Area will cause immediate fishing license termination.
- 26 Fishing rules and licenses are supervised and organized by the local administration.
- 27 Please remember safety equipment while boating.
Specific rules for casting areas
- 1 The fishing must be performed in compliance with the General Rules and Regulations of the Keski-Kymi Fishing Area. In addition to the General Rules and Regulations, the below-mentioned conditions must be followed in the Casting Areas.
- 2 When using a casting weight, the maximum allowed weight is 70 g. The tensile strength of the weighted line must be at least 15 kg, the casting weight may not be lead. The cast may not be directed towards buildings, people, boats etc.
- 3 Fishing possibilities must be circulated in such a manner that one fisherman may not reserve one spot for longer than 15 min.
Specific rules for harling areas
NB! Fishing is prohibited in the area of the water runway of the airport on the west bank of Ristolanvuolle (see the map).
- 1 The fishing must be performed in compliance with the General Rules and Regulations of the Keski-Kymi Fishing Area. In addition to the General Rules and Regulations, the below-mentioned conditions must be followed in the Harling Areas.
- 2 Using a motor in the fishing is prohibited. However, a motor can be used for transportation.
- 3 Casting from a drifting boat is allowed in the harling area, this must not interfere harling.
- 4 Using planers and any gear prohibited by the fishing law is prohibited.
Specific rules for trolling areas
- 1 The fishing must be performed in compliance with the General Rules and Regulations of the Keski-Kymi Fishing Area. In addition to the General Rules and Regulations, the below-mentioned conditions must be followed in the Trolling Areas.
- 2 The fishing is performed by boat using a motor.
- 3 Using downriggers in the boats is allowed.
- 4 Fishing from an anchored boat is prohibited near currents.
- 5 Casting is allowed in the Trolling Area from a freely drifting boat.
- 6 Using planers and any gear prohibited by the fishing law is prohibited.
- 7 Trolling is prohibited between 22.00 - 06.00 at Piirteenkoski rapids. The limited area starts from the line between lower part of isle Lankisen saari and isle Hohdinsaari and ends at the line between Matsoninniemi and the lower part of Huhdanniemi.